Monday, December 30, 2013

Goodbye 2013

Date check: 2 more days till 2014. Wow.

A million memories are flashing through my mind right now, i mean i can't even describe how different and how blessed i have been this year. If i was to sum my year up in a sentence it would be like this; I met awesome friends and church leaders in Singapore, moved back to the Philippines alone to start college life, reunited with my old friends again, got back together with my first love, made new friends in Baguio City, did well on my first semester in university, realised i can do well in school and dance well, and experienced the
crazy hardships of being independent.

Yep. That's about it. But... 

There's so much more to that vague sentence. I've experienced so many new things that made me wiser. Been through tears and have reached a breaking point at one point in time, but all those just made me wiser. It's a tough world out there, and living alone kind of pushes you off the edge. Living alone made me realise that i can't be strong all the time, though choosing to be, with the help of genuine people who care about you, is the first step. I was able to be strong through many circumstances because i had a great support system, my boyfriend, my best friends and my family. They all remind me each time time to stay true to myself and to continue doing what i can. They remind me when to chill down and have fun when i start stressing out. They remind me to do well in whatever i am doing so that i can reach my goals and dreams. And lastly, they remind me that no matter what i am going through, they'll be there for me.

What i've learned on my own? Well i learned to not trust people easily. I learned that giving your trust to someone is a pretty heavy thing and that if given to a wrong person, you'll feel the heavy weight of regret on your back. I've realised that being too kind is not a good thing either. I'm way too kind, and though i know i shouldn't be, i still am right now. I still have to work on that. And lastly, i've learned that though it's a tough world to live in, there are still small but great things to smile about each day. Like the hugs and kisses you might get from a special someone, or a cute letter a friend would give or the chance of discovering a talent of yours or how smart you can actually be. And the fact that you're given a chance to wake up each morning is a huge blessing already; or that you're given the time to do whatever makes you happy, i think that's such a blessing. 

Thank You Lord, again you have made me go on a roller coaster ride, and again i know You were there riding with me. Thank you for all the experiences; through ups and downs Your presence was felt. Thank You. I'm looking forward to what 2014 will offer me, excited about what You will offer me. 

Cheers to new experiences, to new lessons and to new discoveries this 2014!


A few memories captured on film. Thank you guys for helping put a smile on my face this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment