Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tangadan Falls!

I was invited to go to Tangadan Falls by Jen. It was an early birthday celebration for her. So okay, first i didn't think i was going to go. Gahh, the call time was at 6 in the morning and i was still in Baguio at that time. That meant i had to take the first trip of Partas to travel to San Fernando. Didn't really like the idea of waking up that early, considering that i have been such a lazy bum the past few days. Haa! But i ended up going. It was freakin' Tangadan Falls! I was so jealous at the pictures of my friends who have been there already, so i just had to go!

Woke up at half past 2 in the morning on the 5th of June. I packed my bag, had a quick shower, then left. I left early so that i could catch a taxi straight away and thought that i might just wait at the bus station. I ended up waiting for a taxi ride for 30min though. My whole area was empty at 3 in the morning. I arrived at the bus station 15min earlier than i expected, which was good since i got a seat up front at the bus afterwards. Took a nap on the way then the next thing i knew i was already at Bauang, La Union. A breakfast at McDo was very much needed at that time, since i knew i was going to be hiking for over an hour later that day. Met up with the boyfriend and the others afterwards, then off we went!

They said it was going to be a 2 hour hike. But it ended up being just over an hour. It was epic hiking with slippery slippers, tripping here and there, getting cuts and scratches. Gahh, it was my first time to go hiking! Good thing my boyfriend was good at jumping, climbing, and hiking in general. He was there to help me every step of the way and would frequently hear him say "come on baby, you can do it!". I seriously don't know if i would've survived still if he weren't there. Haa! 

My first swim there was not cool. I swam and and got hit by a rock straight away on the knee. The sudden appearance of rocks was not cool at all. Was also scared to swim in the middle, didn't think i was that good of a swimmer to be able to survive. But i ended up trying, and hey, i didn't drown. Haa! I wasn't as bad as i thought. My boyfriend can't swim at all, so i ended up swimming with my friends instead. We later got the idea of putting him up on a floaty so that he can at least go near the falls, which was so epic! I was the one pushing him towards the falls while he was just sitting there like a king. He felt bad in the end, but hey, what can we do aye? Haha. My friends also ended up jumping of the cliff! They were so scared in the beginning but ended up jumping off of it. If only i wasn't so scared to drown, i would've done it too! I probably need more training. Will still have that "jumping off a cliff" on my bucket list!

At the end of the day i was just too damn tired to function. I was dirty, tired and weak. Though that was the case, i still had a blast! Such an awesome day it was. 








No comments:

Post a Comment